Perl Developer with Teradata experience
A Contract position at a preeminent global financial services firm.
Competitive Pay Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2 or 3rd Party (Subcontract).
Contact David Leak. call (212) 616-4800 ext.390 or email email@example.com with the Job Code DL30365 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 1099 for this position!).
Location: Wall St..
Skills required for the position: PERL.
The software engineer will work within the centralized DB engineer group and support the software infrastructure required to operate and integrate Teradata into the standardized MS global Database environment. The engineer will work closely with his database engineer colleagues in analyzing and mirroring, where appropriate, the existing engineering software infrastructure for TD.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Engineer/sustain TD
- Ensure products meet the necessary security, supportability, performance requirements
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Document & Publish fixes in central knowledge base.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst colleagues.
The individual chosen for this position should have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Hands on experience of TD 13+ infrastructure and services
- High level of competence in multiple languages including Perl, Ksh, C, python
- Good understanding of UNIX and/or Linux system fundamentals
- SQL programming skills
- Knowledge of common third party tools to manage large TD environments.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience with the MPP architecture
- Strong troubleshooting mindset
- Expertise and practical experience using and implementing Kerberos
- Expertise in designing enterprise large-scale software infrastructures
- Good presentation, interpersonal, and written skills
- A team player with the ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Knowledge of Greenplum, DB2, Postgres is a plus
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 30365