Technical Lead of Software Development (VP)
A F/T position at a preeminent global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact email email@example.com with the Job Code AC31065 or Click the Apply Now button
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: TECHNICAL LEAD, SOFTWARE DEV., .NET.
Optional (not required):WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Detailed Info: Position Description
Development Engineer within Mutual Funds in IPSIT organization, with primary focus on development, maintenance, and support of various applications related to the Mutual Funds platform. The candidate will be responsible for delivery of critical Investment Product applications. He/she should have the ability to guide and mentor the team; maintain effective relationships with business owners and application development teams in other localities; understand the business case; work collaboratively with IT colleagues; manage all phases of the software development life-cycle; and manage on-going projects within tight timeframes. The candidate will be interacting with a culturally and technically diverse community which includes mainframe and distributed developers, engineering teams, user communities, and executive management.
Development/Computing Environment: Qualifications
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated technologist with an in-depth understanding of distributed and mainframe technologies, has strong inclination to learn new technologies, and is exposed to financial services industry (preferably wealth management)
EDUCATION: Bachelors/Masters Degree in Engineering, preferably Computer Science/Engineering
Technical Skills Required:
- Must have 10+ years experience in software development
- Must have 5+ years managing technical teams in distributed environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Technologies such as .NET and IIS Architecture or Java Technologies
- Proficient in ASP.NET, C#.NET 3.5 and designing and implementing scalable REST services using WCF
- Experience with SQL (UDB and SQL Server)
- A proven track record of delivering highly available enterprise systems
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including design, testing, deployment, and documentation activities
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Experience in performing tuning, code profiling, code review, hands on experience using Best Patterns and Practices.
- Experience in technical Leadership (Architecture, Analysis, Design, Testing strategies)
- Experience interacting with vendors and integrating vendor code/services into the overall solution
- Experience in working in Global delivery model with team spread in different geographic locations
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 31065