Longterm Contract Excel Developer in NYC
Downtown, NYC (Financial District)
A Contract position at Financial Information and Ratings Agency.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Ani. call (732) 791-4718 / (212) 616-4800 ext.550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code AC31236 or Click the Apply Now button
Location: Downtown Manhattan.
Skills required for the position: APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT, XML, EXCEL, RESTFUL, HTTP, C#.
Detailed Info: IT team is looking for an individual to design, develop, and test a solution to access a newly developed RESTful web service via Excel. Functionally, the solution will:
- Pass data within the xls into an HTTP GET request
- Marshall the xml/json results back to the xls cells
In addition to the function requirement, the solution will require: to be integrated into an automated build/testing process; a strategy to deploy the solution to internal users; a client logging strategy; etc.
It should be noted that the RESTful service will be used in hundreds of cells within a sheet and the service can take up-to 2 mins to complete. That said, we will likely need a non-blocking solution.
Development/Computing Environment: Qualifications:
- Experience integrating Excel with web services
- Experience with software development processes including Coding, Testing, De-bugging & Documentation
- Understanding of web services
- Experience with managed C#
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience
- 3 to 5 years of IT experience in application development and support
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 31236