Developer Java and/or Scala with (strong algorithmic and Data Structures)
$140,000 F/T Employee
Midtown NYC on 6th
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Lauren Iandoli. call (732) 791-4715 / (212) 616-4800 ext.570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code LI32060 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Midtown NYC on 6th.
Skills required for the position: SECURITIES, JAVA, SCALA, SQL, MULTI-THREADING, LOW LATENCY/HIGH FREQUENCY TRADING, AGILE.
Detailed Info: The Securities Lending desk is an industry leader and its IT team is looking for a talented server-side developer to work on a high performance trading solution. Candidate must have a desire to take full ownership of every aspect of the SDLC on assigned deliverables, from requirements and analysis through testing and deployment.
The application provides traders with a sophisticated suite of decision and analytic functions, allowing them to manage and process a large number of needs and execute high volumes of transactions. The environment is fast-paced and business-focused. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of programming experience in Java and/or functional programming with Scala, with good analytical and communication skills. Familiarity with event-driven systems are a must. The selected candidate will interact closely with our trading desk globally so strong written and verbal skills are required.
Candidate must be proficient in Java and/or Scala with a strong algorithmic and data structures background.
Additional Required Skills:
- 3+ years? experience in systems development
- Relational database design and SQL
- Building event-driven, high-performance, low-latency applications in a multi-tiered architecture
- Multithreaded programming
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience in the finance industry, specifically trading
- Unix (Linux)
- Perl or Python
- Machine Learning
- Apache Kafka
- Web technologies including HTML5, AngularJS, and d3js
- Knowledge of Securities Finance (Securities Lending, Secured Funding, Prime Services).
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32060