Natural Language Processing (NLP) Engineer
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Will work in the newly formed Artificial Intelligence team. Candidate will be doing hands-on Research and Development for building NLP-based products in the financial domain. Products may span Deep/Shallow Question Answering, Search, ChatBots to enable various operation tasks, client assistance based on inferred client needs, Virtual Assistant to Financial Advisors etc. Hands-on work involves building components for concept/relation extraction, intent identification, text classification, meaning representation at different levels (word, sentence, paragraph), answer passage retrieval/ranking, dialog/discourse management and others required to deliver end-to-end systems for these products.
Contact Claire Volis. call (732) 791-4721 / (212) 616-4800 ext.590 or email email@example.com with the Job Code CV32101 or Click the Apply Now button
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: NLP.
Optional (not required):SCALA, PYTHON
Detailed Info: Responsibilities:
- Independently work on end-to-end development of NLP models to derive insights from research publications, legal documents, regulatory requirements etc.
- Lead NLP projects and develop models in collaboration with members of MSML team, strats and quants
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work with stakeholders to refine requirements and communicate progress
- Work with the team to develop a system for semantic search, knowledge graph creation, chat bot, summarization, paraphrase detection, question answering etc.
- Train deep learning models with internal and external NLP datasets
- Deploy models to production and monitor performance
- Develop original ideas to create cognitive systems
- Participate in internal and external forums
- Extensive experience in applying different NLP techniques to problems such as sentence summarization, question answering, sentiment analysis, knowledge extraction and conversational bots
- Expertise in NLP methods such as LSA, LDA, Semantic Hashing, Word2Vec, LSTM, BiDAF etc.
- Strong command over linear algebra and statistics having the ability to quickly translate ideas to efficient, elegant code
- Development experience in Python or Java/Scala with good command over respective data pipelining, matrix algebra and statistics libraries
- Stanford CoreNLP with good command over SemRegex
- Deep learning programming experience with Python/Tensorflow or similar library in a GPU environment
- Experience working with external reference datasets like SQUAD, SemEval, MSRP, WikTable, WikiQA, AllenAI etc.
- Tuning and optimization of sequential deep learning models
- Model deployment and scaling experience
- 5-10 years of NLP experience
- MS in Computer Science with NLP specialization. PhD preferred.
- Reinforcement learning experience and it's application to NLP is highly desirable
- Deep Generative models and their application to NLP
- Research publications.
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32101