Business Analyst / Project Manager
Market Contract Rate b
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Kyle Barlics. call (732) 791-4723 / (212) 616-4800 ext.580 or email email@example.com with the Job Code KTB32124 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: Business Analyst, Project Management, SQL.
Optional (not required):TAX
Detailed Info: We are looking for a senior BA/PM with strong analysis and functional design skill, and a strong project planning and coordination ability, to join the wealth management gain/loss and tax team within the Core services department. The candidate will be expected to act as a SME and as such, his responsibility will be to acquire information from any stakeholders and digest it for the development team. He will contribute to analysis, design and testing functionalities requested by our users. In the scrum context, he might be asked to act as a proxy product owner and maintain the backlog of work for the team. Minimum understanding of financial concepts is required. Understanding of taxes (1099 reporting and withholding) is an advantage. Beyond technical skills, the candidate is expected to be able to communicate well, adapt rapidly and learn fast. His sound judgment will be required to understand, interpret and also challenge requirements. He is to evaluate risks, develop adapted solutions finding the right balance between tactical and strategic solutions and offer the best value to our clients in the respect with regulations
The candidate's daily responsibilities will include:
- Capture requirements and change requests from tax and gain/loss operations
- Clarify the scope of new requests and simplify the demand upfront
- Perform deep analysis of required changes in collaboration with operations and legal departments
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and create functional requirement documents
- Contribute in the definition and review of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Support the development and QA team as a Tax and/or Cost Basis SME
- Coordination of project resources to ensure project deliverables are completed on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to write comprehensive documents for functional and non-functional requirements or change requests
- Strong planning skills
- 5+ years of business analyst experience within a financial services institution
- 5+ years of project management experience within financial services institution
- 1099 Reporting / Tax Withholding experience (operations or technology)
- Cost Basis experience (operations or technology)- SQL.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32124