REPO Trade Floor Application Support (Associate)
$140,000 F/T Employee
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Lauren Iandoli. call (732)791-4715 / (212)616-4800 ext.570 or email email@example.com with the Job Code LI32165 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Skills required for the position: Application Support, TRADE SUPPORT, SCRIPTING, TROUBLESHOOTING.
Optional (not required):SQL,
Detailed Info: The successful candidate will apply technical skills to build automation to maintain production environments. The successful candidate will be coordinating with development and business team to obtain sign off for functional testing and will have final say in deploying new software in production. They will use their technical skills to automate daily support functions, improve system stability, drive hygiene initiatives and deliver innovation that creates efficiency and consistency.
- Building strong technical partnerships with local and global development teams to partner in system, environment and plant improvement. Enabling the adoption of Dev Ops collaboration.
- Good knowledge of Unix, Relational Databases (DB2/Sybase) and Scripting.
- Leading projects and initiatives within the global team to implement new strategies; manage events (infrastructure change, software releases, business continuity tests etc.) and on-board support for new business areas or renovated systems.
- Chairing outage resolution conference calls, managing significant incidents and coordinating communications within a trade floor environment.
- Past experience in building and maintaining Production/Non-Production environments.
- Past experience in automation of ad-hoc requests, Ready For Business (RFB) checks and scripting
- Initiating, growing and shaping processes, procedures and strategies to make the team more efficient.
- Work closely with Level 1 support teams to efficient use of effort and wherever possible drive out unnecessary tasks and alerting.
- Acting as a primary escalation/communication point between Application development teams and Business Units based on the trading desk
- Challenging existing practices to strive for continuous improvement
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32165