QA Engineer (automation and scripting)
$73 - Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or $65 w2
Midtown NYC on 6th
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Lauren Iandoli. call (732)791-4715 / (212)616-4800 ext.570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code LI32233 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Midtown NYC on 6th.
Skills required for the position: QUALITY ASSURANCE, AUTOMATION, UNIX, LINUX.
Optional (not required):PERL, PYTHON, ELECTRONIC TRADING
Detailed Info: A global QA team is assembled to provide Quality Assurance services for software developed for Electronic Trading, part of the global Institutional Securities Business. The team is a mix of full-time employees, and consultants located globally.
The ideal candidate should have strong QA background and technical experience with scripting languages such as Python, or similar.The project is for regulatory requirements within algo-trading. The primary responsibilities will be providing automation expertise and implementing tests (coding) as per requirements created by QA SME. The selected candidate will work closely with the development teams on a daily basis.
Development/Computing Environment: Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Experience in Quality Assurance and test automation
- Experience with Python, PERL or related scripting language
- Knowledge of basic coding principles
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience working with source control / defect tracking and continuous integration systems
- Adopt best practices when developing automation code including comment documentation, maintainability and data-driven development
- Knowledge of trading life cycle with exposure to trading and matching engines will be preferred
- Basic understanding of capital markets, electronic trading, order flow and execution, FIX protocol.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32233