Market F/T Salary
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Kyle Barlics. call (732)791-4723 / (212)616-4800 ext.580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code KTB32287 or Click the Apply Now button
Skills required for the position: Application Support, FIX, SCRIPTING, UNIX.
Detailed Info: Candidates would be expected to perform the following roles:
- Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Notifying the business unit of system issues or failures in a timely manner.
- Notify Compliance in a timely manner of regulatory issues.
- Liaise with external parties to resolve issues.
- System break/fix and user recovery
- Investigating and resolving data quality issues
- Investigation of user queries. E.g. flow breaks, booking issues, data issues. Liaison with operations and controllers where appropriate.
- Escalating problems to level 3 (core development and engineering) groups.
- Act as an escalation point for frontline.
- War gaming failure scenarios identify problems with outage recovery procedures. Work with necessary parties to ensure that these are resolved.
- Assisting the users with end-user computing issues.
Candidates would also be expected to:
- Work closely with APG to ensure the support team has Excellent knowledge of the application set
- Document recover procedures
- Client requirements and feedback are incorporated into the applications
- Operational enhancements are provided
- Work closely with APG and Engineering to either develop, or provide specifications for tools to: Improve monitoring, increase the stability of the plant and Automate manual tasks
Work closely with regional counterparts in London, Hong Kong and Tokyo to:
- Standardize monitoring procedures
- Provide follow the sun support
- Good working knowledge of FIX.
- Strong technical, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience supporting FX and Fixed Income trading and ability to interact directly with trading desk
- Good understanding of operating systems (UNIX, PC) and intermediate system administration skills
- Good understanding of SQL and Sybase databases, Q programming a plus
- Professional ownership of issues
- Knowledge of:- scripting languages, ksh, Perl, Java, CGI, XML, Python a plus
- Can do attitude and candidates should have experience in the financial services industry..
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32287