WINDOWS DESKTOP ENGINEER
Per Hour/ w2 or c2c
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Suzana Gjinovic. call (646)876-9560 / (212)616-4800 ext.200 or email email@example.com with the Job Code SG32301 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: WINDOWS DESKTOP X64, WINDOWS 10, SCCM, ACTIVE DIRECTORY.
Detailed Info: The Workspace Desktop Engineering Team is committed to delivering enterprise class Windows Desktop builds and are responsible for all aspects of the design, configuration and integration of the Windows Desktops into the firm. We are looking for a person to be able to contribute too many of the on-going initiatives in some of these areas and owning engineering tasks from beginning to end. The candidate will have a very strong technical foundation, a strategic mind-set, great communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others in a truly global team.
The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Engineer/sustain existing/new desktop related technologies into the firm
- Ensure products meet the necessary security, supportability, performance requirements
- Ensure we meet our users expectations around user experience
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Provide 3rd line support to investigate & troubleshoot root causes.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst peers.
Development/Computing Environment: extensive experience/knowledge of Windows operating systems, management of end user productivity apps, standard associated technologies and third party products.
- Deep technical understanding of Windows Desktop x64 operating systems up to and including Windows 10
- Experience designing technical solutions to meet complex business requirements
- Extensive experience with common third party tools used to manage/support large environments. i.e. Appsense/SCCM- Scripting ability with PowerShell
- Experience in engineering Large Scale Deployment/Migrations of Office 2010/2013
- Knowledge of common Windows Infrastructure i.e. Active Directory/GPO
- Strong troubleshooting mind-set (i.e. parsing event log, Sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps etc).
- Experience of large scale desktop deployment tools and techniques in large distributed organizations.
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks).
- Desktop/Laptop Hardware Knowledge
- Knowledge of software packaging tools (e.g. InstallShield, App-V sequencer, Wise)
- Some development experience/knowledge.
- Experience of working in a global environment
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32301