SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: w2 or IC - Self Incorporated.
Contact Scott Eliot. call (646)876-9552 / (212)616-4800 ext.360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code SE32320 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: NETWORK ENGINEER, NETWORK DESIGN, ROUTING.
Detailed Info: This is a senior engineer role is to provide Product selection, feature evaluation , test plan/lab certification, templatizing (documenting implementation of Best Practices) as well aspects of the Engineering design for new incremental requirements coming from the Defense in Depth initiatives to better secure and segregate the network across all applications and services. The Sr. Data Network Engineer will be responsible for the product selection and evolve into its SME for MAN/ DC and WiFI, in providing innovation, quality assurance as well as collaborate in supporting certifying in the WiFI and MAN/ Campus / Data Ctrr products, ranging from DC to security with our extended EI peers (EC/ EUC/ TIR) as well as the BUs we serve like Wealth Mgmt and ISG. The immediate project this individual work on will be stemming from the engineering needs and vendor offerings on product selection and also designs for campus and WiFI. Requires a understanding on Campus/ Wireless and DC products like Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, WLC , Unified/ FlexConnect, related security aspects like MAB/DOT1X, LAN/ Campus/ AP technologies , WiFI expertise.This individual's focus will further be as the in between PlatEng & TIR so a heavy IT security/ DDoS mitigation techniques and overall security knowledge is required. He/ she will also be required to allocate portin of his/ her focus in the Data Center space, an area of unparallel growth and change in view of new Data Center protocols like VxLAN and eVPN and the
Development/Computing Environment: Ability to write and execute a test planintimate hands on knowledge of complex network designs, dynamic routing OSPF, RIP, mBGP, PIM, MVPN/ Data MDT/ Default MDT, QoS, SPAN, netflow, sFlow etc.
- Segregation and security features such as TrustSec, policy automation, encryption, overlays, VRF, ACL, ISE, 802.1x, MAB, RADIUS, MACSec, IPSec etc. Wireless
- Ability to prioritise effectively with good time management skillsExcellent interpersonal skills.Excellent writing skills are a must
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Deep sense of ownership/accountability
- High level of initiative, proactive approach.
- Stakeholder management and providing reports and overviews to both technical and non-technical senior management
- Ability to work in a global team environment
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32320