Data Platform Engineer
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Suzana Gjinovic. call (212)616-4800 ext.200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code SG32321 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: Database Development.
Detailed Info: We handle all engineering and systems-design activities across the company for products such as Informatica, Apache Kafka, SAP PowerDesigner, IDERA(Embarcadero) DBArtisan and Analytics software like SAS, IBM SPSS etc. Our team is responsible for Data in Motion product like Informatica Big Data Management, MQ Series messaging and Hadoop. We integrate and run these products for a scale, throughput and availability appropriate to a large multi-national financial services firm with multiple datacenters across the world. We work closely with a development team that develops custom tooling to scale out our solutions across the enterprise. Within the team?s responsibility are tools written in Scala, Java, C#, Python and PERL. We evaluate emerging products in the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics space. Our goal is to enable a user/system interaction that has industry leading ease of use while operating at a scale and criticality that truly makes or breaks our business. Right from design, we plan to take data from the user interaction, system metrics, event and failure domain data and trough modelling and machine learning optimize the performance and uptime of the system.The team is located in New York and Montreal. We encourage team members to mix things up and choose a variety of different projects to work on over time. The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical foundation as well as a strategic mindset, good communication skills and the ability to collaborate.
Development/Computing Environment: - Design and Systems
- Engineering for Informatica, Hadoop and Kafka based data platforms;
- Ensure products meet the necessary scale, security, supportability, and performance requirements;
- Investigate & troubleshoot root causes;
- Participate in support rotation and occasional weekend work;
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation (wiki);
- Work with application developers to understand their needs and define how our products and infrastructure will meet those needs;
- Participate in design and implementation activities with members of the team;
- Research and assess new technologies, vendor and open source products.
- Implement proof-of-concept prototypes.
- Apply Analytics and machine learning algorithms to model failure domains and ultimately increase uptime
7+ years of experience in a similar role in a large enterprise.
- Proven experience in system and platform integration in a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Deep technical understanding of the Linux OS, networking, storage (SAN/NAS) and LDAP.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting application issues on the network (WireShark, etc).
- Linux shell scripting, PERL and/or Python.
- Understanding of database clients and various connectivity (native, ODBC/JDBC )for:oDB2oSybaseoOracleoGreenplumoTeradata.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32321