Core Java Developer (Associate)
$145,000 F/T Employee
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Lauren Iandoli. call (732)791-4715 / (212)616-4800 ext.570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code LI32366 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Midtown 5th.
Skills required for the position: CORE JAVA, UNIX, SQL.
Detailed Info: The ideal candidate will get involved in the design, development, and testing of multi-tier systems and components across the above platforms. We are looking for a passionate technologist who's ready to learn & experiment with a wide range of technologies. Ideal candidate will have:
Strong interpersonal skills and good team spirit is required in addition to proficiency in verbal and written business communication. This job demands strong work ethic and an ability to handle multiple priorities. As part of the team, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing a body of knowledge that is accessible to all team members. We support what we build - you will also be responsible for post-production L3 support on a rotation basis. It is very important that the candidate is self-motivated and can run independently with minimal supervision.
This position focuses on all stages of SDLC starting from requirement analysis, design, code development, testing and deployment of the new components. Candidate will be expected to be very hands-on and pick-up domain knowledge quickly. We focus on solving business problem and not to be tied down by technology choices - it is extremely important that you are open to learning and adopting with new technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Strong programming fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with Java Programming.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL.
- Should be able to demonstrate clear understanding of OOPs in practice.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell-scripting and Excel.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Experience working in a virtual or global team.
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a -can do- attitude.
- Ongoing interaction with the business in part of the role. Hence good Oral and Written communication is a must
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Python exposure may be helpful
- Hands-on experience with C# Programming will be very helpful
- Exposure to cloud based development, AWS, Dockers, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundary etc. helpful
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business users and peer teams
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a global team environment
- Strong team player with a results-oriented focus and a highly disciplined approach towards meeting objectives
- Flexibility to adapt.
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32366