Full Stack Java and HTML5 and database developer
$140,000 F/T Employee
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Full-Time position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Jason Vu. call 646-876-9536 or email email@example.com with the Job Code LI32368 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: CORE JAVA, HTML5, PERL, LINUX, DATABASE DESIGN.
The candidate will be responsible for migrating the legacy platform, which is mostly Perl and Shell Script to a more modern platform (Java/HTML5.)
The candidate will work hand in hand with the Lead architect, BA and the business to understand the business needs. Once a good understanding exists, the candidate will work with the Lead architect in building out the solution, and decommissioning the legacy system.
The candidate needs to be a strong developer and have a wide variety of skill sets, which include Java and HTML5 (future state) and Perl/Shell scripting (legacy). They must be willing to learn new technologies, and be strong and delivering results.
Development/Computing Environment: The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Working to dissect/understand the legacy code (Perl/Shell scripts HTML5)
- Help design future state (DB, Java, HTML5)
- University degree holder in relevant discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- 5+ years software development experiences.
- 5+ years on software development life cycle management.
- Strong process orientation with in-depth understanding of SDLC.
- Strong expertise in Core Java.
- Knowledge of HTML5 (AngularJS a plus)
- Perl / Linux scripting
- Working knowledge of Database with strong fundamentals in database designing.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work in team
- Ability to work with Global Teams
- High performance non-relational database (e.g. KDB)
- Working experience in finance services industry.
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32368