Sr Python Developer
$160,000 - Per Year F/T Employee
Downtown, NYC West
A F/T position at a major U.S. financial institution.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact George Konetsky. call (646)876-9562 / (212)616-4800 ext.180 or email email@example.com with the Job Code GK32392 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Downtown, NYC West.
Skills required for the position: PYTHON.
Optional (not required):DESIGN, SQL, Linux, Riisk
For a global team of highly skilled and motivated developers, in Risk Technology - using agile methods to iterate quickly and work closely with users to deliver superior trading technology.
The role offers the opportunity to lead development of the strategic risk framework, directing a globally dispersed team of developers.
Challenges currently being worked on include producing consistent, consolidated risk reports spanning the whole Risk Technology business side, running high-performance ticking intraday risk for trading desks, and explaining PnL across the global business.
Development takes place almost entirely In Python, with some C++ for high performance components.
Responsibilities / Skills:
- Working with a globally dispersed team of developers
- Technical leadership, including design reviews.
- Software development and testing, deployment and support using agile development methodologies.
- Functioning as part of a as part of a high performance team, working on high priority deliverables.
- Solving real problems, and adding value to the business.
- Communicating effectively with various stakeholders across technology and the business.
Strong Python with any Java or C++; OOD experience
SQL and financial industry experience.
Linux/Unix and Windows
Risk ideal, all Asset class or Trading experience will be useful.
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32392