Application Support Linux/unix/Scripting (Associate)
Market Full Time Salary
Midtown NYC, Broadway
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Kyle Barlics. call (732)791-4723 / (212)616-4800 ext.580 or email email@example.com with the Job Code KTB32440 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Skills required for the position: Application Support, LINUX, SHELL SCRIPTING, SQL.
Detailed Info: The Credit Complex Product Management team, which is part of Quality Assurance and Production Management, provides direct day to day support and integration services for the firm's credit derivatives, structured products and corporate bond trading platform.
Members of the team provide real time support for the credit derivatives and structured products trading system and its users throughout the day. The team additionally executes all deployment work, is responsible for capacity planning, performs general integration work, infrastructure management, stability management and has complete ownership of batch processing streams and downstream data delivery. Credit Complex Production Management team works closely with the credit derivatives and structured products development team to ensure a smooth delivery of services to its users. The role involves direct interaction with traders, sales, operations and controllers as well as other technology groups involved in all aspects of electronic trading, trade capture and risk management.
Development/Computing Environment: Qualifications
- Good team player with a sense of integrity and ownership
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to work within tight time constraints and resource dependencies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge
- Performance-oriented and highly motivated
- Strong technical ability in solving low-level problems
- Capable of effectively handling incidents for critical systems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong infrastructure knowledge in Linux / Unix, Windows, databases, storage and networking technologies
- Solid understanding of client-server applications and distributed systems
- SQL, shell scripting, perl scripting
- Proven ability to deliver improvements to supported systems.
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32440