Windows Automation Specialist
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Maxim call (646)876-9538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code MN32476 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: WINDOWS, WINDOWS, POWERSHELL, AUTOMATION, VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT, SCCM.
Optional (not required):LINUX
Detailed Info: Windows Automation Specialist (+7 years) Job Description: Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Global Technology division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firms strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. There are ten divisions within Technology. Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
Development/Computing Environment: This is a project-oriented architecture role within the Windows Shared Services team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working primarily on Microsoft technologies and the related ecosystem. This role will initially be focused on helping to deliver the Firms Windows private cloud implementation with opportunities to contribute to related projects.
- Expert-level proficiency with PowerShell
- Demonstrable experience automating IT processes
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server and related technologies
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare ESX, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience with Windows infrastructure technologies (SCCM, SCOM, Group Policy, Clustering, etc.)
- Experience creating technical architecture documentation
- Strong communication and written skills
- Experience with the Microsoft System Center family (CM, OM, VMM, Orchestrator, etc.)
- Exposure to System Center Orchestrator, SMA or other enterprise runbook automation tools - Knowledge of Powershell DSC
- Experience with Open Source Cloud and configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of network device management, i.e. switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers - Experience working with Linux.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32476