Mainframe Storage Engineer
Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or w2
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Claire Volis. call (732)791-4721 / (212)616-4800 ext.590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code CV32480 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: Z/OS, SMS, STORAGE AND SYSTEM MANAGEMENT
Detailed Info: Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and ongoing management of the firm's z/OS storage platform. The candidate will work closely within a team of storage engineers to provide technical support for all storage management related projects and activities. The individual will also act as a liaison to other departments on all technical matters related to storage management.
Development/Computing Environment: Skills Required:
- Experienced mainframe programmer proficient in systems and storage management. This includes working knowledge of z/OS internals, SMP/E, HCD and disk I/O gens, TSO/E, ISPF/PDF, JCL, JES, VTAM, IPCS, IDCAMS, DADSM, VSAM, and z/OS system software
- Strong experience with SMS, DFHSM, DFDSS and FDR/ABR
- Knowledge of IBM DS8000 and EMC VMAX family hardware.
- Experience with disk replication software and technology from EMC (SRDF/A, GDDR a plus), and IBM (Global Mirror a plus)
- Familiar with data migration and disk refresh techniques.
- Familiar with disaster recovery testing and procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to interface with external disk vendors.
- Weekend work and on-call rotation required.
Knowledge of EMC DLm and IBM TS7000, good understanding of SMF record types as related to data statistics, RMF Reporting, knowledge of SAS, Ca-MICS, Ca-Allocate, Ca-Vantage(SAMS), REXX, .NET Perl, a plus..
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32480