Production Management Support (Associate)
$130,000 F/T Employee
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Suzana Gjinovic. call (646)876-9560 / (212)616-4800 ext.200 or email email@example.com with the Job Code SG32493 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: UNIX, LINUX, FINANCE, RDBMS, ETL, STORED PROCEDURES.
Detailed Info: - Acting as an escalation point from our offshore teams to provide production management services including end user support, systems monitoring, incident and problem management, plant management and event management
- Acting as a lead for the P&L and Balance Sheets systems developed in house and deployed on an industry leading Teradata data warehouse and a range of both internal and external connectivity over End user GUIs which are a mixture of C++/Java clients and web based sessions
- Scripting and tool development is encouraged to help perform data analysis and commoditize request resolution steps
- Aiding trouble shooting with strong technical skills in both multiple OS environment and Teradata/Sybase databases
- Problem management to drive the cost of support and complexity therefore reducing risk of failure seek the cause of inefficiencies we face, to enables us to take a metrics driven approach to prioritizing work
- The holder of this role would be a key contributor to cross department initiatives opening up the possibility of visibility to a broad set of the Firm
- The role offers an interesting mix of technical and business challenges allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of how the firms Finance business works
- Role requires working with multiple Finance Development teams and Finance Controllers based in globally location including Montreal, New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Mumbai
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Linux/Unix and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills with Unix and Windows platform
- Hands on skills with day to day command like awk, sed, find, etc.
- Working knowledge of Kerberos and Active Directory
- 5+ years of experience in Perl and shell scripting
- Experience with XML
- Strong knowledge of ETL systems like Informatica
- Exposure to Messaging Technologies (preferably IBM MQ) and MQ based systems
- Experience with batch-process & job scheduling tools (Autosys)
- 5+ years of experience with at least one major RDBMS product. Preferably with Teradata and/or Sybase
-Knowledge of the Internal data structure
- Hands on DBA with strong experience of Performance & Tuning
- Debugging of Stored Procedure
- 3+ years of experience in programing
- 3+ years of experience in a Financial company
- Professional ownership of Incidents and Problem Management
- Experience with working and managing software on a large distributed environment
- Working knowledge of system monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience of end user support
- Developing and documenting support process
- Process improvement and support tools development
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to learn rapidly on-the-job
- Self-motivated, ability to identify and resolve issues with minimal oversight
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32493