Database developer with any C++ or Java or Python
$120,000 - Per Year F/T Employee
Downtown, NYC West
A Full-time position at a major U.S. financial institution.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Jason Vu. call (646)876-9536 / (212)616-4800 ext.290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code JV32560 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Downtown, NYC West.
Skills required for the position: PYTHON, API, SQL, DESIGN, SHELL SCRIPTING.
Technology group at an international investment bank is looking for a strong software engineer to join the team to developer and support solutions to meet the analytics, research and publication needs of the business. The groups manages large databases with data sourced from vendors such as Intex, eMBS, Bloomberg, Core Logic, and other economic data available on public websites.
Following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, develops, enhances, modifies and/or maintains applications that support business units or support functions in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs. Awareness of business or function for which application is designed. Individual contributor role; fully competent to work under general direction on complex projects usually on specific assigned problems, and seeks guidance and direction from more senior associates or manager, as needed.
Provide technical expertise for developing, monitoring, and maintaining applications, and innovative solutions related to the automation of data processing and analysis
Develop Python based applications, APIs and maintain a suite of Python based automated tests
Deliver high quality python code, quickly learn new framework(e.g. Quartz) and modules
Work with front office users(traders, modelers, analyst) and deliver project under tight deadline
Design and develop systems to capture mortgage data (agency , non-agency), calculate indicatives used for analytics, and service large-scale data requests
* Bachelor or advance degree in computer science or engineering with 2+ years of experience.
* Software developer with strong Python, C++ or Java and strong foundation on SQLs and preferably hands on experience required. Python experience is a plus, but not required.
* Experience in Shell scripting (shell/ Perl) in Linux/Solaris environment.
* Relational database experience - SQL, Oracle or Sybase
* Ability to communicate effectively and ability to translate requests into deliverable products.
* Good understanding of software engineering principles such as design, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
* Experience with XML and JSON manipulation
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32560