Senior User Experience/Interaction Designer role
Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or w2
Midtown NYC on 7th
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Claire Volis. call (732)791-4721 / (212)616-4800 ext.590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code CV32565 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Midtown NYC on Broadway.
Skills required for the position: USER EXPERIENCE (UX).
Detailed Info: Team Profile:
The User Experience and Design Group are looking for a contract Senior User Experience/Interaction Designer to join their team based in New York City. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most reputable design teams in finance known for consistently delivering innovative, award-winning software applications used by internal teams and clients of the firm.The global team, which is comprised of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers and UI Developers based in London, New York, Montreal and Glasgow, deliver user-centred design and strategy projects across the institutional business: from client facing applications like the firms Matrix and Research, to tools and software for front office sales and trading, middle and back-office, infrastructure and data as well as HR and corporate services. Known for their open and collaborative team culture and high standards, the team thrives on challenging the status quo and delivering solutions that create tangible benefits for both users and the business. As a member of this high-performing team, you will need to be a talented and detail-oriented Interaction Designer and User-Centred Design practitioner with the proven leadership and communications skills needed to build trust with a complex matrix of interdisciplinary clients and partners across the organizationPosition Description The Senior User Experience/Interaction Designer will be responsible for the research, planning, design and documentation of user int
Development/Computing Environment: The ideal candidate:
- Is detail-oriented with strong interaction design skills
- Has excellent communication, presentation, and client management skills
- is familiar with iterative User Centered Research and Design process
- Understands and has opinions about current industry best practices
- Is experienced with designing transactional user interfaces
- Balances an academic interest in best practices with tactical solutions
- Manages client expectations and own time efficiently
- Enjoys collaborating with product owners and business analysts to design innovative solutions
- Has experience with Web application and/or Software design
- Has experience with data/information visualization
The Senior User Experience/Interaction Designer will be need to be able to:
- Follow an Iterative User-Centred Research & Design Process
- Work collaboratively in cross-disciplinary design team
- Conduct Ethnographic User research
- Define/Develop Personas
- Create Feature maps & prioritization
- Develop Sitemaps & User Journeys
- Create Wireframes & Interaction Models
- Conduct User testingAdvanced (5+ Years? experience, Bachelors Degree or Equivalent)
- Financial Services industry experience a plus but not required Portfolio and References Required.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32565