NLP/ML Data Engineer
Midtown NYC on 6th
A F/T position at a global financial services firm - AI, MACHINE LEARNING, NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING, NLP
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Liam Brown 646-876-9541 or email email@example.com with the Job Code 32569 or Click the Apply Now button
Location: Midtown NYC on 6th.
Skills required for the position: MACHINE LEARNING, NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING.
Detailed Info: The successful candidate will perform groundbreaking work in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning methods, and will tailor them to front-office applications involving credit analysis, trading strategies, pricing models, and more. Projects may involve applying NER and sentiment analysis techniques to analyze corporate financial documents and news articles; or using state-of-the-art parsing methods to extract bond covenant information, and then using a training model to derive bond behavior under stressed scenarios.
The ideal candidate for this would possess a combination of research and professional experience in the fields related to Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. The person should be on the forefront of NLP/ML technologies, and be able to translate theory to projects that are deliverable on the commercial scale.
- MS at a minimum, PhD preferred in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, or related field
- 5+ years, a combination of professional and/or research experience
- Apply different NLP techniques to areas such as sentiment analysis, classification, data/knowledge extraction, disambiguation
- Expertise in NLP methods such as LSA, LDA, Semantic Hashing, Word2Vec, LSTM, BiDAF
- ML experience with different supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms
- Expertise in one or more programming languages: Java 8, Scala, Python, R, willing to consider others
- Experience working with large, complex and diverse data sets from a variety of sources
- StanfordCoreNLP/GATE experience a plus
- Experience with Spark, or similar frameworks a plus
- Publications on ML/NLP a big plus.
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32569