Application Support : Equity Electronic Trading
Market F/T Rate
Midtown NYC, 5th Ave
A F/T position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Kyle Barlics. call (732)791-4723 / (212)616-4800 ext.580 or email email@example.com with the Job Code KTB32583 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Skills required for the position: ALGORITHMIC TRADING, SQL, SHELL SCRIPTING, FIX, EQUITIES.
Detailed Info: Equity Support requires a talented individual to join the 4 person team providing 1st - 3rd line support for the firms Algorithmic trading systems.
The algorithmic trading product offering provides internal and client users with a wide range of algorithmic trading strategies including benchmark trading and smart order routing.
The team performs the following tasks:
Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks.
Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
Investigation of user queries via log file and process interaction, e.g. order issues, flow breaks, booking issues.
Notifying the business unit of system issues or failures.
System break/fix and user recovery.
Escalating problems to level core development and engineering groups in a timely manner.
Notifying Compliance in a timely manner of regulatory issues.
Liaison with the operation's department and controllers where appropriate.
Working closely with regional counterparts to build and leverage tools and standardize monitoring procedures.
- Experience supporting Equities trading and ability to interact directly with trading desk
- Chairing outage resolution conference calls, managing significant incidents and coordinating communications within a trade floor environment.
- Acting as a primary escalation /communication point between Application development teams and Business Units
- Strong infrastructure knowledge in Linux / Unix, Windows, databases, storage and networking technologies
- Good working knowledge of FIX.
- Knowledge of:- SQL, scripting languages, ksh, Perl, Java, CGI, XML, Python a plus
- Solid understanding.
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32583