Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or w2
Midtown NYC on 6th
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Claire Volis. call (732)791-4721 / (212)616-4800 ext.590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code CV32610 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Midtown NYC on 6th.
Skills required for the position: C#, MULTITHREADING, API.
Optional (not required):TRADING SYSTEMS, FIXED INCOME
Detailed Info: The Fixed Income Division (FID) Credit team is focused on delivering the technology that allows the firm to continue to grow its highly successful corporate credit trading business.A key growth area for the Firm. Latest initiatives in this space include continued electronification and automation of the flow businesses, as well as enhancing and renovating our suite of internally built trading systems. This will allow the firm to take advantage of market opportunities and drive revenue. We require strong Java developers to work within a global team on our new and on-going projects. You will be working on the clients and/or servers of highly distributed, low latency trading platforms based on C# front ends and Java back ends. The systems book trades, continuously calculate prices and associated metrics, allow historical time-series analysis and connect directly with several electronic markets. Likewise, the systems have high update rates and require very powerful and optimized UIs and servers to cope with these demands. The server is built in Java and relies on modern technologies and approaches such as reactive programming, cloud computing, micro services and distributed caching. In addition to new features and enhancements, we are looking to continue to renovate, improve and selectively rewrite parts of the existing system.
Development/Computing Environment: Role:
- Your role will involve all aspects of the software development life cycle including gathering requirements, analysis of existing systems/functionality, design and implementation, all the way through to production roll out and subsequent support.
- You should be a practical technologists, who can show excellent problem solving skills and enjoys all aspects of software development.
- You will work closely with several global teams within the technology department as well as interacting directly with the Corporate Credit business unit to translate business needs in to technical projects.
- Strong core C#
- Object oriented design
- Data structures, design patterns and collections
- Multi-threaded programming
- .NET Standard APIs
- Self-driven problem solver with a great attention to detail.
- Infragistics Grid
- Experience of working on large systems and code bases delivering on agile development schedules.
- Fixed Income business / analytical knowledge
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32610