Market Contract Rate
Midtown NYC on 6th
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Kyle Barlics. call (732)791-4723 / (212)616-4800 ext.580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code KTB32631 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Midtown NYC on 6th.
Skills required for the position: Project Management, PMO, BUDGET, MS OFFICE, POWERPOINT, EXCEL, MS PROJECT, PPM.
Optional (not required):VISIO, SHAREPOINT, HP PPM
Detailed Info: we need an experienced person to be responsible for the Project Management tasks as part of a PMO (Project Management Office).
- Work in close partnership with each of the technology team leads to develop a clear and accurate project plan. For each stream of work ensuring the appropriate resource assignments and load balancing as well as capturing dependencies to ensure we hit each milestone on time.
- Develop and update all project plans.
- Ensure each task owner is aware of upcoming deliverables
- Highlight to management whenever there is project slippage or risk of slippage, so that appropriate action can be taken in a timely fashion
- Develop and update status reporting, weekly, monthly, quarterly formats
- Work closely with the technology team within ISGT
- Manage the budget process using HP's PPM system. Ensure each week, month, quarter we have updated time-entry and identify whether projects are under, on or over budget.
- Set up and attend various meetings related to the projects helping to make everyone in the team as effective as possible
- Play lead role in pulling together a presentation to the business unit called QBR Quarterly Business Review
- Contribution to establishing a global center of excellence for PMOs & Project managers, and sharing best practice across the Technology Division
Development/Computing Environment: Requirements:
- Detail oriented person ensuring nothing is missed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office product suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint required
- Experience using Microsoft Project required
- Ability to work with a large team across multiple locations
- Experience in large, multi-location projects
- Proven Time Management skills and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Background in Project Management / Technology environment
- Experienced with Project Management terms, and methodologies
- Experience using Microsoft Visio is preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Share-point is preferred
- Experience using HP PPM (Project Portfolio Management) system is preferred
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Products is preferred
- Experience in software testing/familiarity with testing tools (such as Mercury Quality Center) to obtain metrics for UAT/Testing progress for project plans is preferred.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32631