Windows Desktop Engineer
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Maxim call (646)876-9538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code MN32638 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: WINDOWS, HARDWARE, Desktop Support, ACTIVE DIRECTORY.
Detailed Info: Windows Desktop Engineer
The Workspace Desktop Engineering Team is committed to delivering enterprise class Windows Desktop builds and are responsible for all aspects of the design, configuration and integration of the Windows Desktops into the firm. We are looking for a person to be able to contribute too many of the on-going initiatives in some of these areas and owning engineering tasks from beginning to end. The candidate will have a very strong technical foundation, a strategic mind-set, great communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others in a truly global team.
Development/Computing Environment: The core responsibilities of this position include:
- Engineer/sustain existing/new desktop related technologies into the firm
- Ensure products meet the necessary security, supportability, performance requirements
- Ensure we meet our users expectations around user experience
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation.
- Provide 3rd line support to investigate & troubleshoot root causes.
- Dissemination of knowledge amongst peers.
- Desktop/Laptop Hardware Knowledge and Management in an enterprise environment
- Deep technical understanding of Windows Desktop x64 operating systems up to and including Windows 10
- Scripting ability with PowerShell
- Experience designing technical solutions to meet complex business requirements
- Knowledge of common Windows Infrastructure i.e. Active Directory/GPO
- Strong troubleshooting mind-set (i.e. parsing event log, Sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps etc).
- Extensive experience with common third party tools used to manage/support large environments. i.e. Appsense/SCCM
- A good of understanding of how a modern browser works both from a desktop and networking perspective
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks)..
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32638