$135,000 F/T Employee
Midtown NYC on 7th
A Full-time position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: F/T Employee.
Contact Assigned To Be. call (212)616-4800 / (212)616-4800 or email email@example.com with the Job Code AT32871 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Midtown NYC on 7th.
Skills required for the position: Java Development, CORE JAVA, MULTI-THREADING, JVM, BIG DATA.
Optional (not required):FULL STACK, UI , SPARK
Detailed Info: We are looking for a highly motivated individual to design, implement, enhance, and support various aspects of Market Risk Engines, including key new deliverables. The position will involve understanding the requirements, design/development of server side components, database design and/or working with big data technologies such as MPP based Greenplum analytical platform and Spark. Project work will span all phases of development from user interaction and requirements gathering to design and coding to performance testing, rollouts and production support. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is also able to contribute and collaborate in a group setting. As hands-on Java/DB technologist in Market Risk IT, you will be responsible for designing/implementing changes to the existing applications and/or building new ones.
Project requirements: Strong Java developer for developing and supporting multi-tiered distributed Risk Engines, Services and Processes.
Development/Computing Environment: Qualifications
* Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
* Experience in architecting/designing large-scale business critical systems
* Object oriented design and usage of commonly used design patterns
* Hands-on Java expertise
* Expertise in Core Java
* Multi-threading, collections, JVM, Garbage collection
* Comfort in relational database modelling and querying.
* Ability to understand the domain and its data
Nice to have
* Exposure to Spring or similar framework, grasp of IOC concepts
* Exposure to big data technologies such as Spark
* Full stack developer
* Possibly some exposure to UI technologies.
The candidate should possess good communication skills and is expected to collaborate with global counterparts across time-zones. The candidate should be self-motivated, curious, the kind to take ownership of tasks and apply his/her best in class skills to problems
The position offers competitive compensation package.
Job Id: 32871