Mainframe Performance Engineer
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Claire Volis. call (732)791-4721 / (212)616-4800 ext.590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code CV32918 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Skills required for the position: MAINFRAME, PERFORMANCE , Z/OS, TUNING, DB2.
Detailed Info: Job Title: Mainframe Systems Performance Engineer
Core Infrastructure/Mainframe Computing - z/OS Systems Performance Engineer/Capacity Planner
Mainframe Systems Performance Engineer responsible for all aspects of z-platform performance, including investigation of CPU and Storage performance issues, utilization reporting, and ongoing optimization and capacity planning.
- Excellent testing and reporting skills (design tests to validate software functionality, robustness, performance, and environmental health and stability)
- Internals of z/OS
- JCL, SAS,REXX
- HCD/Hardware knowledge
- Strong experience with performance monitoring and capacity planning in a multi-CEC & Sysplex environment
- Strong knowledge of WLM, RMF, RMF Monitor III, RMF Post Processor, RMF Performance Data Portal, Omegamon, Epilog, and SMF data collection and reporting
- Advanced use of SAS, MXG, CA-MICS, REXX
- Experience with CA-Sysview, IBM SCRT, IBM Tivoli Decision Support (TDS), IBM Country Wide Multiplex Pricing(CMP) a plus
- Experienced at trouble shooting performance issues in z/OS environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interface with various levels of management and with business clients
- Knowledge of following hardware: IBM mainframe, Internal and External coupling facility, IBM and EMC storage and tape subsystems
- Experienced at tuning an environment with Natural/Adabas, COBOL, DB2, MQ and C.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 32918