Self Incorporated or w2
Midtown NYC on 6th
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Claire Volis. call (732)791-4721 / (212)616-4800 ext.590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code CV33062 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Midtown NYC on 6th.
Skills required for the position: Java Development, CORE JAVA, AGILE, LINUX, MULTI-THREADING, SQL, FINANCE.
Optional (not required):REPO, SECURITIES LENDING, DERIVATIVES
Detailed Info: Primary Responsibilities:
The applications we develop on provide critical firm functions, such as trading desks, with a sophisticated suite of decision and analytic functions, allowing them to manage and process a large number of transactions, and make decisions with huge financial impact. The environment is fast-paced and business-focused. The ideal candidate will have programming experience in Java and/or functional programming with Scala, with good analytical and communication skills. Familiarity with event-driven real-time systems is a must. The selected candidate will interact closely with our business users globally, including traders, so strong written and verbal skills are required.
- Working with developers in the team and in other regions.
- Working closely with developers in related teams.
- Hands on Java development of the system.
- The candidate will be expected to build an understanding of the business domain and apply it in their development role.
Development/Computing Environment: Skills required (essential):
- The candidate should have a proven track record of successful software delivery projects implementing server-based java applications, with experience of applying agile processes across the full development lifecycle.
- They should have experience of working with global teams. They must demonstrate strong communication skills and be comfortable interacting with users to understand the business domain, design technology solutions to business problems, and communicate those solutions in business language.
- Experience working with software systems, ideally Java based server-side development on Unix/Linux.
- Good understanding of the principles of modern software development, including multi-threaded programming and high availability systems.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop strong working relationships with end users.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software.
- Agile development practices.
- Strong core Java (highly multithreaded).
- Experience of repo, securities lending, derivatives margin, central counterparty clearing, or collateral management, whilst not required, is desirable.
- Test driven development.
- Experience using relational databases (SQL)..
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 33062