Windows/Unix Operations Specialist (Mobile Computing)
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Maxim call (646)876-9538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code MN33070 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: WINDOWS, MDM, EXCHANGE ACTIVESYNC.
Detailed Info: The Mobile Computing team operates within Enterprise Infrastructure under the End User Technology product umbrella. Our primary purpose is to drive business enablement via the mobile platform. Our customers encompass all of the global, Firmwide users. Our technology stack includes but is not limited to Linux and Windows systems, DBs, web technologies, VPN, Perl, Java, iOS, and Android. You will partner with our Mobile Engineering team and external vendors to implement and support mobile infrastructure and applications (iOS, Android) in order to take us to the next generation of Enterprise Mobility Management. We are willing to train you on the Mobile Device Management platform, but we require you to be a dynamic, seasoned IT professional, with experience in a large-scale enterprise with demanding users. You will have the opportunity to gain extensive mobile computing technologies along with the chance to engage and support the business users.
- Serving as final support layer for all Mobile products
- Incident diagnosis, troubleshooting, escalation and communication
- Testing and deployment of Mobile services, tools, and applications
- Optimization and handoff of work to Level 2 offshore team
- Infrastructure capacity management
- Partner and liaise with the Engineering team and external vendors
- Ownership of the problem management process
- Ownership of the change management process
- Operational support documentation
Development/Computing Environment: Skills Required:
- Unix/Linux systems and/or Windows administration experience
- Strong grasp of IT infrastructure fundamentals (networks, databases, load balancers, IT security)
- Automation and integration using PowerShell, Perl, Python, or Shell
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible fast paced enterprise environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- Application Support experience
- Experience managing an MDM solution
- MobileIron or UEM is a plus
- Experience with Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) support
- Experience managing network appliances- Basic understanding of network/distributed file systems (NFS, AFS, DFS)
- Web infrastructure support (Apache/Tomcat preferred) Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer.
We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 33070