End User Computing Elimination Architect / PM
$91 - Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or $80 w2
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Matthew Senna. call (646)876-9554 / (212)616-4800 ext.240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code MFS33425 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: ARCHITECT, DATA ANALYSIS, SQL, END USER SERVICES.
Detailed Info: Finance Technology End User Computing IT is responsible for facilitating delivery of reductions in core KPI targets such as manual process reduction and EUC elimination (MS Excel & MS Access user built apps). This may be achieved via facilitating migration of EUC's to strategic platforms, direct development or acting in an advisory capacity as the EUCEA determines. Additional responsibilities include facilitating operational risk reduction, process improvement and End User Computing tools buildout. The role has two areas of responsibility covering both EUCEA (60%) & Project Management (40%). Objective is for EUC team to achieve target KPI's of EUC elimination. This is accomplished by reducing the Finance wide Business Critical High risk EUC count by several hundred each year through various means that the EUCEA needs to facilitate end to end.EUCEA responsibilities include working with internal clients to identify opportunities to eliminate EUC's. Opportunities can be identified through review of existing EUC inventory & discovery through client partnerships. The identified opportunities need to be vetted with technology leads across FinTech to ensure proper selection of tactical vs strategic efforts and then to design and agree on a strategic path for each of the targeted EUC's. The elimination projects are owned by the EUCEA through decommission phase. PM responsibilities include producing reporting on the EUC program's progress, running daily Scrums, ensuring EUC team deliv
Development/Computing Environment: Qualifications
- 7+ years in End User Computing system development and analysis
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Expert understanding of financial markets with emphasis on accounting and regulations (CFA, CPA or equivalent preferred)
- Expert at identifying opportunities for process re engineering or system migration
- Excellent time management skills, Meticulous attention to detail, ability to efficiently prioritize and multitask, and work under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines and team objectives
- Strong Business Analysis (5+ years)
- Finance Special Projects (5+ years)
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to reverse engineer complex MS Office solutions (VBA, Excel, Access)
- Database skills with understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Must be comfortable working with managers across a global organization
- Able to maintain composure and professionalism in a fast-paced, busy environment
- Ability to interact and empathize with development teams, demonstrating the ability to act as a value add partner for those teams
- Strong commitment to high quality standards
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 33425