Senior Trade Surveillance Java/Scala Developer
$104 - Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or $92 w2
Midtown NYC on 7th
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Spencer Sotto. call (646)876-9544 / (212)616-4800 ext.220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code SS33652 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Midtown NYC on Broadway.
Skills required for the position: CORE JAVA, SCALA, SPARK, TRADE SURVEILLANCE.
Optional (not required):HADOOP, DB2, PYTHON, ORDER MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Detailed Info: Position Description:The Trade Surveillance team builds and executes complex surveillance models that focus on monitoring the trading practices of the Firm's front office functions. A senior developer in this space partners with business analysts and other developers to drive forward the business agenda through solid design and execution.
- 3+ years of appropriate technical experience
- Strong proficiency with Core Java
- Should know basics of Scala on Spark
- Database experience preferably with DB2, Sybase, or Oracle
- Complete SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach
Development/Computing Environment: Skill Desired:
- Previous experience in Trade Surveillance or working with data from the order lifecycle
- Good to have knowledge on Hadoop Technologies
- High quality software architecture and design methodologies and patterns
- Work experience as level-3 support for applications
- Layered Architecture, Component based Architecture
- XML-based technologies- Unix OS, Scripting, Python or Perl
- Experience in development on other application types (Web applications, batch, or streaming) .
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 33652