Data Engineer - MuleSoft
$95 - Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or $84 w2
Lower Manhatten (NOHO)
A Contract position at Premier New York Education Institution.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Spencer Sotto. call (646)876-9544 / (212)616-4800 ext.220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code SS33665 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Lower East Side, Manhattan.
Candidates that apply must be able to work on a w.2 basis - no 3rd party subcontracts.
Skills required for the position: JAVA, MULESOFT, REST, SOAP, SPRING, WEB SERVICES, BIG DATA, NOSQL.
Optional (not required):OLTP
Detailed Info: Looking for a Data Engineer to join an innovative team responsible for designing and implementing API solutions and strategy. This individual will be involved and will participate in all aspects of the API development lifecycle from, helping gather requirements, designing features, triaging/troubleshooting issues, to code reviewing and mentoring. We have a strong commitment to quality and believe that security, usability, and reliability are critical to the APIs we build.
Development/Computing Environment: Required Experience:
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience with JAVA, J2EE (Spring) and REST/SOAP Web Services.
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience working with APIs and API Gateway product. Building API Proxies and API Policies. Preferably on Mulesoft AnyPoint platform.
- Experience connecting applications in the Cloud with API services and data stores on-prem and exposure to solutions like AWS-EC2/S3/Direct Connect etc.
- Experience with OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications and RAML/YAML.
- Experience designing integrations solutions moving data sets of all sizes connecting File Systems, OLTP, OLAP, Data Lakes, No SQL & Big Data environments using batch, request/response & real-time streaming paradigms. Prior experience designing integration data hubs is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working with various technologies such as Spring, Tomcat, RESTful Architectures, XML, JSON, Java.
- Must have experience with DevOps culture and tools such as Gitlab and Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Good understanding of API security: Authentication, Authorization, Federation, and Delegation.
- Understanding of Architecture and design patterns, best code practices, defensive programming and able to write framework level code.
- Unix Shell scripting experience will be a big plus.
- Ability to write automated tests for APIs.
- Experience on Mulesoft AnyPoint platform. Certifications with Mulesoft a big plus.
- Knowledge of (SDLC) software methodologies (e.g., SCRUM/Agile, Waterfall); Agile development is preferred.
- Cloud experience is a plus (AWS services).
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 33665