Sr Data Modeler/Business Analyst
Market $$$ F/T Employee or Market $$$ 1099
A Try & Buy position at Major player in retirement finance.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or F/T Employee or 1099.
Contact Susan Andaluz. call (646)876-9558 / (212)616-4800 ext.162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code SA33684 or Click the Apply Now button ().
Location: Windsor, CT.
Skills required for the position: DATA MODELING, ER STUDIO, ORACLE.
Detailed Info: Interface Control Documents, data format specifications, model release documentation, data harmonization and mappings, data mapping, design, review/ development to support ETL, data transformation work and deliver designs & data movement between applications.
Conduct and lead discussions with business leads, subject matter experts, and stakeholders to understand projects scope and Business Requirements.
Translate Business requirements into Data Requirements. Understand the data elements and their domains; understand relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
Use acquired knowledge and develop Logical Data Models, Physical Data Models, and Data Element Dictionaries
Develop maintenance processes for requirements and modeling artifacts
Oversee data mapping for data conversion from legacy data stores and formats to new data structures. Perform architectural alignment with enterprise formats.
Perform impact analysis
Coordinate efforts across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc)
Determine practicality and technical fit of developed standards and architectures
Support QA team's test cases and test data preparation. Carries out unit and Integration test support.
Perform high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise.
Coordinate solution release activities and provide production support on need basis
Development/Computing Environment: 1. Expert knowledge on various Data modelling techniques: OLTP (normalized), ODS, EDW (dimensional)
2. Experience with ER Studio, Erwin or similar tools
3. Knowledge of Industry Data Models
4. Expertise in Oracle (Temporal Data Management features knowledge is nice to have)
5. Working knowledge in the creation of data infrastructure - such as views, stored procedures, ETL usage, real-time/streaming data integration
6. Experience in system/business / data analysis related to data migration and data integration projects
7. Experience with enterprise data management, governance, and BI / reporting tools
8. Knowledge in developing data models compliant with non-functional enterprise requirements, such as security and performance guidelines
9. Deep understanding of data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, functional and system analysis
10. Understanding and hands-on experience of the Data Architecture, Data Quality, and Data Profiling concepts
11. Prior experience with financial services, retirement, insurance, or medical records industry highly desirable
12.Leadership and influential skills to develop consensus across onsite/offshore consultants.
13.Overall technical competence to deliver data management solutions that adhere to Voya standards and excellent presentation skills
14.Problem solving attitude, eagerness to learn new tools and technologies, and proactive approach to daily activities
The position offers competitive rate for a contract and an opportunity for full scale compensation package for F/T empoyee position.
Job Id: 33684