Web Proxy Security Operations L3 Support
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact Maxim call (646)876-9538 or email email@example.com with the Job Code MN33697 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: PROXY SERVER, LINUX, FIREWALLS, TCP/IP, HTML, ROUTING.
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities
- preferably in a global environment, ideally within the finance industry.
- Provide Level 3 Operations support for a global perimeter Web proxy and Web security enterprise infrastructure
- Maintain Web security infrastructure, providing stability by developing tools, policies, processes and procedures for the operations teams.
- Provide a secure environment, by implementing controls to manage and mitigate risks.
- Develop automated metrics reporting capabilities.
- Create, review, maintain and update documentation including Documenting & Publishing fixes in central knowledge base
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
Development/Computing Environment: Skills Required
- Moderate-Advanced proxy experience required including engineering of flows via proxy and cli access for troubleshooting; Bluecoat ProxySG Appliance experience preferred.
- Good understanding of the protocols underpinning the web
- TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS etc... Ideal candidate would be able to intelligently dissect all 7 layers of the OSI stack
- Excellent understanding and experience architecting and implementing Web security solutions.
- Good understanding on Web Proxy infrastructure serving various application layer protocols such as HTTP/HTTPs/SOCKS/FTP/ICAP
- Scripting and Development Skills (Perl, Python, Shell).
- Moderate Linux Sysadmin experience.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Project Management Skills with experience on enterprise projects.
- Strong general networking background (Firewalls, Routing, Load Balancing, OSI Model, Packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Web Proxy, Bluecoat/Zscaler or other major web proxy competitor
- Experience within financial services industry preferred
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 33697