Senior Developer - Hadoop/Big Data
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: w2 or IC - Self Incorporated.
Contact Spencer Sotto. call (646)876-9544 / (212)616-4800 ext.220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code SS34009 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: CORE JAVA, CORE JAVA, SCALA, SPARK, DB2.
Detailed Info: Long Term Project for a Big Data Developer to join a technologically advanced team. Candidate must have expertise in leading design and development of Hadoop applications as well as multi-tiered Java EE-style applications. Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including Apache Spark, SQL, Scala, Java, and associated Java development tools. Candidate will interface on a regular basis with other teams including other internal IT teams across Wealth Management, BA team, QA team, and global development team. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities and proprietary system builds.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
* Candidate must have strong hands on expertise in design and development of data intensive applications.
* The candidate will analyze user requirements, envision system features and functionality.
* Prepare functional and technical development specifications to build high performance reference data stores.
* Candidate will interface with global team of developers and business users
* Perform proof of concepts in the new areas of development.
* Working understanding of Agile development methodologies and understanding of DevOps Integration.
Development/Computing Environment: Skills Required
* Apache Spark, Hive hands-on development
* Scala, Core Java preferably 1.8 and SQL/Databases (DB2, SQLServer)
* 8+ years of expertise in building data intensive, scalable applications using Hadoop technologies
* Expertise in Java EE design and programming, solid understanding of complex multi-tiered applications
* Working knowledge of Git, CI/CD
* Understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications (security, entitlements, etc.)
* Experience with standard set of Java developments tools including IDEs, build frameworks, source code control etc.
* Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment
* Ability to interface and work with Global team on functional development and express design ideas throughout the process
* Knowledge of Financial market, lending based products and Wealth Management is a plus.
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 34009