UI Web Accessibility Developer
$108 - Per Hour IC - Self Incorporated or $96 w2
Downtown, NYC - Financial District
A Contract position at a global financial services firm.
Pay Options: IC - Self Incorporated or w2.
Contact George Konetsky. call (646)876-9562 / (212)616-4800 ext.180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Code GK34083 or Click the Apply Now button (Sorry, NO 3rd Party (Subcontract) or 1099 for this position!).
Location: Downtown, NYC - Financial District.
Skills required for the position: NT, ASP, HTML.
Optional (not required):LAN, COM
Detailed Info: Job Title: UI Web Accessibility Developer
The developer will work closely with UX design teams in implementing accessible UI components:
- be a subject matter expert in accessibility and coach other dev teams on best practices
- analyze websites and mobile apps for compliance with WCAG compliance using manual testing, automated tools, and assistive technologies
- fix or rewrite code in websites and mobile apps to be accessible
- code, conduct code reviews, and test software as needed
Our UI tech stack includes the Angular framework, TypeScript, SCSS, RxJS, Adobe Analytics, and Cordova.
Development/Computing Environment: Skills Required
- 7+ years of experience building responsive websites
- Expertise in web and mobile accessibility, including WCAG 2.1 and WAI-ARIA guidelines
- Experience with screen reader software (JAWS, VoiceOver, NVDA)
- Experience in remediating accessibility issues in websites, mobile applications, and PDF documents
- Strong grasp of user experience
- Attention to detail, with the ability to reproduce a visual design exactly using CSS and HTML
- Strong communication skills and problem solving skills
- Experience with Angular, TypeScript, and SCSS
The position offers competitive rate.
Job Id: 34083